By Mike Atkinson | Drive producer and digital content creator
Have you ever been blocked at an intersection because another car got caught out at a light change and got stuck in the middle of the road?
Main Roads WA are bringing in marked ‘yellow boxes’ — that remind drivers not to stop at intersections — to problem areas in an effort to improve traffic flow.
Four Perth intersections were trialed last year by MRWA and has been proven to reduce the number of times vehicles queue across an intersection.
“It sounds like common sense but we often see drivers getting stuck in an intersection, causing frustration to other drivers and impacts to traffic flow,” said a Main Roads spokeperson.
The 12 sites which will receive yellow box line marking include:
- James Street and Johnson Street, Guildford
- James Street and Meadow Street, Guildford
- Ellen Stirling Boulevard and Scarborough Beach Road, Innaloo
- West Coast Highway and Manning Road, Scarborough
- Stephenson Avenue and Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park
- Cedric Street and Ellen Stirling Boulevard, Innaloo
- Stirling Highway and Bay View Terrace, Claremont
- Stirling Highway and Leura Avenue, Claremont
- Albany Highway and Liege Street, Cannington
- Orrong Road and Wright Street, Carlisle
- Canning Highway and Ardross Street, Applecross
- Canning Highway and Preston Point Road, East Fremantle