Would you eat something if a bug touched it?
This week on The Drive Show, Bec and Jeziel asked listeners if they would continue eating something after a bug touched it. This conversation started after Drive Show Producer Telana, shared an incident that happened on the weekend. She made a hot chocolate, took a sip and realised there were bugs inside her cup. “I take the first sip and I felt these crunchy bits at the front of my teeth. I spat it out on my hand and I saw a little row of bugs.”
It also turned out that Telana’s brother had also eaten bugs. He was one years old at the time, and came into the house with drool coming out of his mouth and little pieces stuck inside it. They asked him what he was eating and it turns out he was eating garden snails! “Looks like it runs in the family eating bugs.” “Not going to your house for dinner.”
Listeners also texted in their opinions.
“Unless there is a bug that has been squashed I’ll just pick it off and keep eating.”
“One word, protein.”
Would you eat something if a bug touched it?? Let us know you thoughts by texting or messaging us on socials.