We love connecting with our community
One of the ways you can get involve in your community radio station is by volunteering at 98five Sonshine FM.
Volunteers are welcome to participate at every level in the running of the station.
There are a lot of good reasons to volunteer at 98five Sonshine FM:
- play a role in a great team and meet some great people
- get involved in the workings of a media organisation
- get involved in broadcasting the great message of hope going out to our listeners
- be part of the decision-making processes that make the station what it is
- gain experience in all aspects of what goes to make the organisation tick
- encounter many parts of the community service sector and understand more about them
- learn new skills that will prepare you for other forms of work
There are many roles to volunteer for:
- audio production and program audio production
- program producer
- program host
- broadcast building maintenance, grounds keeping and repairs
- promotions and fundraising: events, ideas and outside broadcasts
- reception and office coordination: includes taking phone calls, meet-and-greet, administration, project work
To become a 98five Sonshine FM volunteer, fill out our Volunteer Application Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to PO Box 474, Como 6952. You need to tell us what you are interested in and we’ll get in touch with you where you’ll be able to come in for a tour and a chat.