This year’s Perth Heritage Days will take place on the 17th and 18th October. Did you pay attention in history class? It’s time to find out with our history of Perth test.
The view of the Perth train station back in 1958. Source: Heritage Perth
Answers at the bottom of the page.
1. In what year was Perth was founded by Captain James Stirling?
2. Can you name the heritage listed building in this picture?
3. In which year did the queen last visit Perth?
4. 2 9.2-inch guns were installed near the middle of which Perth island during World War II to defend the city?
5. Which Perth suburb is the oldest. Cockburn, Bayswater or Wanneroo?
Podcast: Richard Offen from Heritage Perth
6. The first Cricket test match played at the WACA was on December 1970. Who were Australia’s opponents that day?
7. This was the view from Kings Park several decades ago. Can you name the decade the photo is from?
8. In which year was Fremantle Prison closed?
9. Prior to the opening of Perth airport in 1924, where would you catch a plane from?
10. The Perth Glory football club were founded in 1995. What 2 colours do the team play in?
Answers: 1. 1829 2. The Brass Monkey 3.2011 4. Rottnest Island 5. Cockburn (1871) 6. England 7: 1960’s 8:1991 9. Maylands 10. Purple & White