This refreshing smoothie is packed full of so many nutrients. Beetroot has health promoting antioxidants and nutrients such as vitamin C, beta-carotene, betaine, folate, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, potassium and iron. I created this smoothie after researching the benefits beetroot has on our heart health and lowering high blood pressure.
This recipe will serve two people and takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
- 1/2 or 1 small raw beetroot, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 Lge celery stick(s), roughly chopped
- 1 med apple(s), core removed and roughly chopped
- 2 – 3cm piece ginger, (if you aren’t a ginger fan you can leave out)
- 2 Tbsp almonds
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 350ml chilled coconut water (unsweetened), or filtered water
- 1 cup ice cubes
Add all of the above ingredients in order, to a high-speed blender.
Blend at half-speed for a few seconds to break up the vegetables, then increase to maximum-speed until you reach a smooth consistency. Add extra liquid if needed.
Pour into glasses and enjoy!