By Mike Atkinson | Drive producer and public relations officer
The record books have been broken in Perth as the metro area recorded its second wettest day on record, with flood warnings in place across the South West of WA.
114mm of rain has hit the gauge since 9am yesterday and, with a large low pressure area hovering over the region, the rain is expected to continue.
The record of 120.6mm that fell on February 9 1992 could be broken today.
Perth Radar at 10:10am. Source: BoM
The mercury reached only 17.4 degrees Celsius yesterday and at the time of print it had only budged to 17.5 degrees.
The rain has left flooded roads around the city, in particular in Osbourne Park where several cars had broken down in massive pools of water.
- Ennis Avenue, left lane affected (northbound) prior to Dixon Road, Rockingham
- Mitchell Freeway (southbound) on-ramp from Erindale Road
- Great Eastern Highway Bypass (both directions) at Abernethy Road
- Alexander Drive (both directions) at Victoria Road
- Jon Sanders Drive (eastbound) at Herdsman Parade
- Nicholson Road (northbound) at Albany Highway
- Tonkin Highway (northbound) after Collier Road
- Armadale Road (both directions) at Alex Wood Drive
- Leach Highway (both directions) at Tudor Avenue
Western Power is working to restore power to about 6400 customers who are currently without it, having already restored services for 3000 customers earlier this morning.
Perth weather forecast. Source: BoM
You might also like…
If you loved the sweet but fiery little redheaded orphan Anne Shirely from the 1980’s TV series Anne of Green Gables then get excited for the remake coming to Netflix on May…
By Mike Atkinson | Drive Producer and Public Relations Officer The rapid rise of popularity of our South West region is putting pressure on towns such as Dunsborough and Cowaramup. In January hundreds…
Friday 3 February — Faceboard: treasure hunt There were five gold treasure chests buried at different Transperth stations. Randomly selected from the correct train station guesses, five winners each take home a double…
Chela Williams | Music director Home-grown electronic-pop duo The Supanova Project have been quietly perfecting their debut EP Paradise since 2013. Comprising of husband and wife team Branimir and Janelle…