By Mike Atkinson
Monday’s egg partiality cooked. Tuesday’s pancakes made Christine ill and yesterdays bacon actually did crisp over a bit.That’s a 33% success rate in the car park kitchen this week!
With a cool change to 31° today the weather was stacked against us. After our listener – Kellie – successfully made cupcakes in her car we thought we’d give it a crack.
The correct way. Listener Kellie shows us the ropes.
Never fear – we have our own unique recipe to try. Have a go at home.
1. Producer Mike handicapped the process by forgetting to buy and egg and also purchase the wrong mix. Pour out the (muffin) mix into a mixing bowl and mix with a spoon untill fully absorbed.
2. In another serious gaffe, it turned out the 98five kitchen didn’t have a mixing bowl. So, we had to improvise and pour our mix into 3 cereal bowls. It’s going well so far…
3. Add your mix to the muffin trays. Your mix should not be as lumpy as our one.
4. Insert into “car oven”. Make sure a tray is underneath to avoid “drippage” and go easy on slamming the car door so the mix doesn’t fall out. Cook for 2-3 hours.
5. Clean up the ensuing mess to save yourself a telling off from the boss.
6. Remove out of the car and enjoy your cupcakes…. I mean muffins!
7. Remove your baked goods out of the car and share amongst your work colleagues. Edit: The top part of the muffin/cupcake did cook. However looks can be deceptive sometimes and the middle was still raw!
Christine’s verdict: Do not eat.