98five is seeking an experienced Media Marketing Consultant to join our team. Reporting directly to the Media Marketing Director. You will be responsible for generating sponsorship sales for 98five.
About the Media Marketing Consultant Role
As a Media Sales Representative for 98five you will be responsible for generating revenue through selling various advertising assets such as on-air promotions, radio packages and sponsorship programs as well as digital packages. Your role will see you responsible for developing, closing and maintaining advertising/sponsorship accounts for the organisation.
Key Duties and Tasks
- Promote and sell radio and digital packages, events and promotional programs to existing prospects and clients on your account list
- Identify and develop additional accounts by consistently cold-calling and building relationships with new business customers
- Convert prospect calls into long-term customers
- Prepare advertising schedules, promotional plans, sales literature, proposals and sales contracts
- Develop new advertising briefs in an effective and timely manner
- Enter new customer information and other sales contracts details into internal CRM system
- Follow up on proposals and media schedules
- Complete necessary advertising and pricing documentation
- Follow accountabilities set prior by the Sales Director
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Two years direct B2B sales experience (essential) ideally within a media sales organisation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt to a range of situations
- Strong negotiation skills and superior presentation skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy (essential)
- Excellent organisational, follow-up and authentic relationship-building ability
- Customer-focused approach to business
- New Business Acquisition mentality, a quick learner and an independent mindset who uses initiative
- Aptitude and confidence to converse with key decision-makers
- Strong time-management skills
- You must be highly organised and have a strong work ethic.
- Cold-call prospects and create relationships with new advertising customers
- Solve problems and work collaboratively with other team members as required
- Work independently, take directions and enjoy being part of a team
- Work to strict deadlines
How to apply
Upload a one-page cover letter telling us why you are the right-fit for this Media Marketing Consultant role and attach your CV outlining your experience and qualification. We will not consider your application without a cover letter. 98five reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the close date. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, we would like to thank all other applicants for their interest and wish you well in your job search. Contact us with any questions.
Media Marketing Consultant Application: