Need some inspiration in the kitchen? Look no further than Curate’s pudding. Potatoes are more versatile than you ever imagined, and this recipe is sure to create a new family favourite.
60g butter, at room temperature, plus a little extra for greasing
120g granulated sugar
6 tbsp cold mashed potato
2 eggs, beaten
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6 and grease a 20cm pie dish with a little of the butter.
2. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric whisk in a bowl until you have a thick and grainy mixture. Stir in the mashed potato, then add the beaten eggs bit by bit until all is incorporated.
3. Finally, add the lemon zest and juice, the pinch of salt and the milk.
4. Pour the mixture into the pie dish and cook in the oven for 30‑35 minutes, or until golden around the edges, gently firm and sizzling.
5. Eat just warm, with a little thin cream and maybe some fruit on the side.