Leon Piper | Mornings producer
If there’s a time for indulgence, it’s Christmas lunch. Whether you go for ham, lamb, prawns, steak or a lovely tofu, the chances of overdoing it are high.
So what can you do to make sure you don’t lose your svelte figure over the break? Our genius naturopath Melanie Jaye joined Mike in the studio to share some tips on staying healthy in a hectic period. Here’s some of her advice:
- Enjoy in moderation. Don’t feel like you need to hold back, but stop before you go overboard.
- Limit the overindulgent days to just a couple over the month.
- Stay active! A game of backyard cricket is great for getting the body moving after lunch.
- Alcohol is packed with kilojoules, so go easy and remember to stay hydrated.
- Remember to take time for yourself to avoid stress and the related issues.
Check out the podcast below to find out what else Mel had to say.
Podcast: Melanie Jaye talks about Christmas health
Melanie joins Mike on Mornings every second Thursday