Pastor Phil Ayres from KingdomCity joined Bec and Jeziel over the phone for a chat about the heart posture of a husband in a marriage. For a husband to have sacrificial love his heart posture needs to be in the right place.
You might ask, What do you mean by heart posture?
For example, the key to good posture is,
- The position of your spine
- Your spine has three natural curves – at your neck, mid back, and lower back
- Correct posture should maintain these curves, but not increase them
- Your head should be above your shoulders, and the top of your shoulder should be over the hips
Bad posture can have a bad affect on your health, for example, slouching or slumping over can:
- Misalign your musculoskeletal system
- Wear away at your spine, making it more fragile and prone to injury
- Causes neck, shoulder and back pain
- Decreases your flexibility
But how does this relate to the heart posture of husbands?
If our posture towards our wife is right then there is no need for bad posture. A husband’s heart must be one of going all out. Whatever it takes they need to love you patiently without expecting it in return. In a marriage it cannot be 50/50 it has to be 100/100 on both sides, you can’t do one thing expecting something else in return.
Ephesians 5: 25-26 says, “Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church – a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ’s love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her.”
What does this look like in practical ways:
- Give first priority to my wife – GO ALL OUT
- Think sacrificially
- Speak intentionally
- Respond gently
A passionate loving relationship is the result of clear priorities and deliberate choices each day.
Hear the full chat below: