This year, Miracles Day turns 10. For a decade, Christian radio and CBM have joined forces to bring light and hope to those living needlessly blind from cataracts in the world’s poorest places. On Miracles Day, Thursday 18 August, join 98five and help give the miracle of sight to those living in poverty.
All it takes is $33, a 12-minute surgery and YOU to restore sight for someone with cataracts – changing their life forever. Your $33 gift could give the Miracle of sight to someone like 9-year-old Sabina. With cataracts blurring the vision in both her eyes, Sabina had to drop out of school. Her dream of becoming a teacher was fading away, until someone like you helped give her the Miracle she was praying for.
Cataracts are one of the leading causes of blindness in developing countries. Although straightforward to treat, people are living needlessly blind because can’t afford eye-care and surgery.
Your gift of $33 today can change someone’s life forever! This year, 98five’s goal is to give as many Miracle gifts of sight-saving surgery as we can.
A Miracle is a $33 gift that gives someone who is blind from cataracts the simple 12-minute sight-saving surgery needed to restore their sight. Blindness to sight in 12-minutes… a Miracle.
Did you know?
- Eight in ten cases of vision impairment are considered avoidable.
- Nine in ten people who are visually impaired live in developing countries.
- Cataracts are one of the leading causes of vision impairment globally.
- All Miracles Day donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
- In the lead up to Miracles Day we’ll be talking to patients and staff in the field to hear how these miracles are transforming lives. Listen live online to hear all the stories!