The weather is warming up so it’s time to make sure your lawn is in good shape.
And even though we were broadcasting from outside the Studio this morning at The Little Bird Cafe in Northbridge, it did not stop our regular Friday morning guest Colin Barlow from bringing in his favourite plants to showcase.
Garden from Eden‘s Colin spoke about these beautiful flowers and answered the following listener questions:
- I have a lemon/orange/lime tree all planted three years ago and growing well, but only the lemon tree is fruiting. Is there anything possibly wrong with the lime and orange trees? Anything I can do?
- I planted out my broad beans in the last two weeks of winter and they have all come up. But now I’m wondering if I have planted them too late because members of the earth gardeners group planted theirs in autumn and theirs are all in flower and fruiting from autumn plantings.
- Could I have some suggestions for a nice indoor plant? I’ve been thinking of a fiddle leaf fig but would love your opinions.
- Just wondering did you ever find out what flower type the avozilla was?
- Recently got a dual grafted cherry tree. How do we encourage flowering for the dual grafted tree to flower at the same time to have cross pollination? Does it help by pruning them at different times?
- Would you happen to know a good easy way to remove weeds and soften the ground for a lawn lay? Lawn is basically dead and there are lots of weeds with some hard dry lawn roots scattered through in clumps. I’m using a spade but its slow and hard.
- I have cauliflowers leaves being eaten by something and I don’t know what. There are no obvious signs of snails etc. I have also had chillis in the same area and they also got eaten. How can I find out what it is and how to get rid of them?
If you have a similar gardening question and would like to know the answers, listen to the full podcast:
Podcast: Garden from Eden’s Colin Barlow answers listener questions on Mornings with Mike — Friday 15 September
This week we also gave away an amazing prize pack from our friends at Richgro worth $75 to a listener! Text in your gardening question next week and you could be in with a chance to win a Richgro gardening prize pack.
by Jezamine Chan | Mornings producer