Today we want to explore the idea of how to how to find your purpose!
Truthfully speaking finding your life’s purpose can be challenging and sometimes feels downright difficult. We watch others talking about and living their purpose. It can make us feel as though there is something wrong with us because we haven’t yet found the meaning of life.
Yes, a few of us seem to be born with a clear vision of our lives purpose and meaning but in reality, for the rest of us, it does take some thinking about and exploration of ideas and options. It can feel like one of life’s’ great mysteries at times.
Most people don’t sit around the dinner table with family or friends and talk about our search for meaning and our life’s purpose so it isn’t something we do every day. We all come to our purpose at different times in our life’s depending on our learning and our experiences and over time our purpose can change and be refocused.
Maybe today is the day we can start to think about it and make the first steps to discovering our unique purpose!
Here are some thought prompters to start exploring your Purpose:
- Do you find you have a burning passion or desire to do something in the world?
- Do you find you are drawn to certain people or activities that you gain a sense of meaning or value from?
- Draw up a Life Purpose Statement – Just like businesses write their company mission or vision – what would be in your Life Purpose statement?
- What comes easy to you and how could you explore what you love?
- What is one thing you would like to make help make a change towards the world?
- If you were financially secure and did not have to work, what would you do with your life?
- What makes you so happy that you forget to eat?
- Volunteering is also a great place to explore ideas! Check out current volunteer opportunities in Perth here.
Is it possible to start living your purpose now?