Don’t let your pet eat these foods

Wednesday, April 6, 2022 10:38 am
Reading Time: < 1 minute

Dr Innis from Kingsway Vet Centre joined Bec and Jeziel to answer all your pet-related questions.

Recently, Dr Innis has seen a lot of dogs who are eating things that they shouldn’t such as snail bait, rat bait and even hot cross buns! Raisins and grapes are very toxic to dogs because they can’t metabolise it and can go into kidney failure. “If you see your dog has eaten hot cross buns take them to the vet ASAP.” If your dog has eaten something toxic you’ll notice they may seem lethargic and have diarrhoea, vomiting or excess salivation.

If you are a cat owner never bring lillies into your house. Smelling the petals, licking the pollen or drinking water from the vase can cause fatal kidney failure. Contrary to popular belief fish is not good for cats either. Too much fish can cause knobbly bones and joints. It is reversible up to a certain point but it can be very painful for them.

Has your pet ever eaten something they shouldn’t have? Let us know by texting or messaging us on socials. Listen to the full chat below!

Skip to toolbar