As parents, we often make the mistake of pressuring our kids to perform well to ensure we see that elusive A grade on their report.
Here are some common mistakes we all make:
- Giving $20 for each A they get doesn’t motivate kids!
- Compare your child to their Siblings
- Blame “I told you that you should have worked harder.”
- Consider music, art and sport grades don’t matter when it is all part of learning.
- Beat ourselves up that we are a failure as parents or success if they got good marks -vicarious parenting!
- Other extreme – Say it doesn’t matter what mark you got- we all need to grow!
Listen to the whole conversation with Craig Hunter below