Blake Proud joined Kirste and Dan with a true Blue Aussie Dish this week, a twist on the traditional Chicken Kiev.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 box of Arnott’s Vegemite & Cheese Shapes (or sub for Panko crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Vegemite
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 chunks of cheddar cheese
- 2 cheese sticks (if you’re a cheese freak)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1-2 cups of oil for frying
1. Carefully cut a pocket into each chicken breast (try not to go all the way through)
2. Stuff each breast with a cheese stick, plus some cheddar, butter, and vegemite. Then close up the pocket and set it aside
3. Preheat your oil in a deep skillet or frying pan
4. Blitz the shapes in a blender or fill a ziploc bag and beat it with a mallet until the shapes are reduced to crumbs
5. Beat your eggs and set aside
6. Once your oil is hot enough (around 180C), dust your Mt Barker Chicken breasts with flour, then apply an egg wash and roll in the crumb. Once coated liberally, fry your Kievs on each side for approximately 10 minutes or until golden. If you find the crumb starting to burn, turn the heat down a little.
7. Serve with mashed potato and enjoy
Will you be trying this recipe? Let us know by texting or messaging us on socials. Listen to the full chat below!