Blake Proud is back for 2022 bringing us fresh, tasty recipes and food for the whole family. This week he brought in a quick and versatile stir-fry chicken with lettuce noodles.
Recipe Name: Simple Stir Fry Chicken with Lettuce Noodles
|Prep time:||10 mins||Cook time:||30 mins||Serves:||4|
- An Iceberg Lettuce Shredded
- 500g Diced Chicken Thigh
- 1 TBL Olive Oil
- 1 TBL Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 TBL Kecap Manis
- 1 TBL Tomato Paste
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Knob of Ginger Minced (equal to amount of garlic)
- ¼ Cup Basil Leaves
- ¼ Cup Spring Onions
- 2 TBL Sesame Seeds
- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Chilli to garnish if desired
- Mix the Ginger and garlic together with the diced chicken thigh.
- Add half the oil to a skillet and place your chicken in the pan. Cook until all of the juices and liquid have completely evaporated. This could take around 15 minutes.
- Next add your Soy Sauce, Kecap Manis, Tomato paste and remaining oil and mix really well to combine. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens and begins to caramelise
- Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, but still warm, toss through basil leaves, spring onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve on bed of shredded lettuce, drizzle with kewpie Mayo and garnish with chilli and spring onion.