Blake Proud joined Kirste and Dan with his delicious pea and ham soup. It’s super simple to make and is a sure fire winner for those cold winter nights.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 potatoes diced
- 1 whole bacon hock
- 500ml of chicken stock
- 100ml milk
- 400g of peas
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic chives
- 1 tbsp butter
- Add the oil, onion and potatoes to a pressure cooker and sauté until the onion is caramelised and potatoes are starting to brown.
- Deglaze the pot with 500ml of chicken stock. Add the pork hock and top up with water until the hock is fully submerged.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes
- Depressurise the cooker, take out the pork hocks and set aside on a board. Pull off the skin and discard. Pull the meat and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the peas, milk, mint and chives into the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add butter
- Use a stick blender to puree together
- Serve into bowls, add a spoonful of pulled pork hock in the middle and a garnish of mint, cracked pepper and drizzle of olive oil
What is your favourite recipe for winter? Let us know by texting or messaging us on socials. Listen to the full chat below!