Our favourite foodie Blake Proud, joined Kirste and Dan to share his Indonesian potato curry recipe. Not only is it delicious but it’s also began and gluten free!
- 400g Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 TBL Grapeseed Oil
- 1 shallot
- 4 garlic Cloves
- 1 red Chilli
- 1 knob ginger grated
- 1 knob turmeric grated
- 1 TBL lemon Grass Finely Chopped
- 4 Lime Leaves
- 1 Can Coconut milk
- 1 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
- 1 TSP coconut sugar
- 1 TBL Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 Cup Thai Basil Thinly Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint thinly chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- Toasted peanuts and crispy onion to serve
- Finely chop then combine in a mixer shallot, garlic cloves, chilli, ginger, turmeric, lemon grass and lime leaves. Add a splash of water to help bring it into a paste if needed.
- Add a splash of grapeseed oil to a wok along with the paste. Cook it for a bit until the ingredients aren’t raw
- Add the potatoes, coconut milk, salt, sugar and coconut aminos into the wok
- Bring it to a boil and then turn it to a simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes or until thick and creamy. Your potatoes should be firm but soft enough to easily pierce a fork through.
- Turn off and leave to cool slightly. Toss through the Basil & Mint right before serving and top with fresh roasted peanuts and a squeeze of fresh lime
Are you going to try this recipe? Let us know by texting or messaging us on socials. Listen to the full chat below!