Blake Proud joined Kirste and Dan to share his delicious homemade chicken liver pâté!
- 250-300g free ranged chicken livers
- 1/2 small onion diced finely
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp Spoons water
- 125g unsalted butter cubed
- 2 tsp Cognac or Brandy
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
- Cleaning your chicken livers under running water and trim any gristle or pieces of white sinew off. Chop in to small pieces and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, water and 50g of butter into a pan. Sauté until the onion starts to show some colour and most of the water has evaporated.
- Add the chicken livers to the pan, only want to sear the outsides for 3-4 minutes on each side. They should still have a bit of pink. Turn the heat off and leave to sit for another minute.
- Scoop out the livers and place them in a food processor or blender. Add everything from the pan and blend until smooth.
- Open the lid and piece by piece add the remaining butter. Make sure the piece is blended until smooth before adding the next piece.
- Once all the butter has been added and it is completely smooth transfer to serving container. If you wish you can seal the top with clarified butter or use cling wrap.
Are you going to try this recipe? Let us know by texting or messaging us on socials. Listen to the full chat below!