Blake Proud joined Kirste and Dan with one one of the tastiest chicken dishes they have ever tasted!
Serves 4-6 People
· 1kg Chicken thighs
· 1 tbsp Olive Oil
· 1 Lemon cut into slices
· 1 Large shallot cut into slices
· 12-15 Pitted dates
· 6 Sprigs of thyme
· 6 Sprigs of oregano
· ½ tsp Chilli Flakes
· 2 tsp Za’atar to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C
2. Toss all the ingredients, except the Za’atar, together in a ceramic baking dish with a lid.
3. Place a sheet of baking paper over the top and tuck the edges in, to trap the moisture.
4. Place the lid on the dish and bake at 180°C for 1 hour.
5. Remove the lid and turn the oven on to MAX or 220°C. Let it cook for another 15 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and the top has begun to caramelise and crisp.
6. At this stage ensure that the chicken is toward the bottom and under the juices to avoid it drying out.
7. Once caramelised and crispy remove the chicken from the heat and set it aside to serve with pumpkin salad
Will you be trying to this recipe? Let us know yours thoughts by texting or messaging us on socials. Listen to the full chat below!