Blake Proud joined Kirste and Dan to share his delicious black rice pudding recipe.
- 1 Cup Black Rice
- 2 cups of Water + Additional 800ml water
- 2 Pandan Leaves (If you can’t find Pandan Leaves you can use Pandan concentrate or a cinnamon stick and some vanilla essence can give you a similar flavour.)
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- For Coconut Cream
- 1 tin Coconut Cream
- Pinch of salt
- Wash rice and rinse really well for about 5 minutes.
- Soak rice in 2 cups of water over night or for at least 6 hours.
- Rinse rice again really well
- Place on to a non stick pot or large non stick pan, add 800ml of water and Pandan Leaves. Make sure you tie the Pandan Leaves in a knot to help release the flavour.
- Once most of the water has soaked up and it has a porridge consistency, quickly add the sugar and stir through for another 5 minutes. Then turn off to cool.
- Mix coconut cream and salt together. It the cream is really thick and can’t be poured, try heating it up a little bit.
- To serve place rice in a bowl, spoon cream of the top and serve with shredded coconut and caramelised banana slices.
Will you be trying this recipe? Let us know your thoughts by texting or messaging us on socials. Listen to the full chat below!