Our favourite foodie Blake Proud joined Kirste and Dan to share one his fanciest and delicious dishes, lemon baked salmon with asparagus & gremolata.
- 500g salmon portion or pieces (skin off or on)
- 50g Butter
- 1 lemon
- Bunch of Dill
- 1 red onion
- 2 spring onions
- 1 TBL capers
- 1/2 tbl fennel seeds
- 1 bunch of Asparagus chopped up in to pieces
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper then place them in a small baking dish.
- Slice half of the lemon in to thin slices and it in to a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, 50g of butter, half of the onion sliced and one of the spring onions sliced. Cook until the lemon and onion is caramelised and brown.
- Pour this mixture over the top of the salmon and bake for about 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
- In a small pot or pan add fennel seeds, capers and a drizzle of olive oil then cook until the seeds turn darker and the capers become slightly crisp.
- To make the gremolata add the capers and fennel seed tons pestle and mortar with a big bunch of dill and the zest from the remaining half of lemon (don’t throw it away just yet either!). Roughly combine together add a little drizzle of olive and oil.
- Lastly char the asparagus over a hot pan or open flame.
- Serve the salmon on a plate tossed together with asparagus, fresh thinly sliced onion, spring onion, more fresh dill, sprinkle the gremolata over the top evenly and then drizzle the oil from the baking dish all over the top with a fresh squeeze of lemon.
Will you be trying this recipe? Let us know by texting or messaging us on socials then listen to the full chat below!