Hey mums and dads! Do you have an aspiring music producer on your hands and need something to keep them busy during the school holidays? The Beatmakers workshop is back!
Presented by Byron Keno, songwriter and producer with over 20 years in the industry – Beatmakers is a three day workshop that will teach your child the power of music.
They’ll learn trade tricks from:
- The songwriting process
- Different techniques to explore and capture the creativity spark
- Sampling and re-sampling
- Creative processing
- Create hooks and riffs
- Recording vocals, guitars, drums and other instruments
- Mixing and mastering your final track
Date: Monday January 14 – Wednesday January 16 , 10am – 3pm.
Location: 98five Studios, 177 Murray Street Como.
Cost: $300 per student.
Suitable for ages: 10 – 16 years.
No musical experience is required AND at the end of the workshop you’ll even get to hear their musical masterpiece on-air on 98five! Get in quick as the workshop is limited to only 10 students.
Byron Keno aka Byron Kuntz has been active in the recording industry for over 20 years.
An exclusive songwriter with Emi/Sony Atv publishing, Byron has written and co-written hundreds of songs over the last 20 years and as a producer has worked on and released hundreds of commercial albums and singles.
Byron has written and produced music for PlayStation, X-Box, iPhones games, also writing and mixing tracks for various movies.
Byron has worked for:
- Sony, Emi, Universal, Gallo, Coleski Artists
- Recording and producing local and international artists such as:
- Nianell, The Transients, Go Jo, David Hasselhoff, Danni Stefanetti, Phoenix Blackstar, Kurt Carrera, Corlea Botha, Joe Vermeulen, Juan Boucher and many more.
- Also worked on South African Idols winners albums and singles.
- Byron has extensive experience working with artists as young as 10 years old to 70 and is constantly pushing to release good original music.