98five teamed up with Beatmakers to run our first junior music producers camp last week and we can’t wait to play you the result from our 12 amazing kids.
Presented by Byron Keno, songwriter and producer with over 20 years in the industry – Beatmakers was a four day workshop that taught the students the power of music.
They learnt all about the songwriting process, different techniques to explore and capture the creativity spark, looping, sampling and re-sampling, creative processing, create hooks and riff, recording vocals, guitars, drums and other instruments and mixing and mastering your final track.
At the end of the week the students put together a fully mastered track that is being played on air! Hear the song below.
Byron Keno aka Byron Kuntz has been active in the recording industry for over 20 years.
An exclusive songwriter with Emi/Sony Atv publishing, Byron has written and co-written hundreds of songs over the last 20 years and as a producer has worked on and released hundreds of commercial albums and singles.
Byron has written and produced music for PlayStation, X-Box, iPhones games, also writing and mixing tracks for various movies.
Byron has worked for:
- Sony, Emi, Universal, Gallo, Coleski Artists
- Recording and producing local and international artists such as:
- Nianell, The Transients, Go Jo, David Hasselhoff, Danni Stefanetti, Phoenix Blackstar, Kurt Carrera, Corlea Botha, Joe Vermeulen, Juan Boucher and many more.
- Also worked on South African Idols winners albums and singles.
- Byron has extensive experience working with artists as young as 10 years old to 70 and is constantly pushing to release good original music.