Jeziel was gardening when a stick poked him in the eye. He couldn’t see properly out of that eye until the next morning. “It was a stressful 24 hours.” So Bec and Jeziel wanted to know what poked you in the eye.
Valerie’s husband used acrylic nail glue to stick their air conditioning vents to the ceiling. He dropped some glue into his eye and his top and bottom eyelids were stuck open! He washed it with cold water which only makes the glue set. So she took him to the emergency room. They said his vision was fine, gave him some ointment and said he would have to wait for the glue to break away. “We had to cut all of his eyelashes off because they were stuck to his eyelid. Within a few days, he said his eye was getting really itchy, so my mum sat there and pulled out a contact lens sized piece of glue from his eyeball.”
Mel was lighting a match, it ignited, snapped in half then propelled itself into her eye. She tried to splash her face with cold water but noticed it had a strange smell, the sink had bleach in it! She went straight to the emergency room, got treatment and her vision is back to normal. “It was absolutely excruciating. I’ve had two children and I would do that again in a heartbeat compared to burning my eye.”
Jackie was filling out some forms while working in a medical centre. She went to rip the paper and got a paper cut on her eye. “Fortunately, I was in the right place. I just had to put drops and it healed back okay.”