To evaluate, decide and respond to program proposals and requests for access for specialised programs.
- The Programming Committee is made up of content director, another staff member, Board member (optional), and up to four volunteers that are subscribers or members.
- Meetings will be held at least once a quarter at an agreed time. Material can be forwarded to committee members in between meetings if so desired and discussions can take place if an issue is considered urgent.
- An agenda to be provided where possible, a week prior to the meeting taking place.
- All proposals, submissions and requests must be received in writing/email/fax.
- Responses to be made within a reasonable time frame.
- Minutes of the meeting will be recorded and then forwarded to the General Manager for inclusion in the next Board meeting.
All submissions will be considered in reference to:
- The ‘Codes of Practice’ as published by the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA);
- the suitability to our ‘Community of Interest’ as governed by the broadcasting guidelines, e.g. The Church community of Western Australia;
- the intent of the Broadcasting Act of 1992 by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA);
- the ‘Undertaking’ given to ACMA by Good News Broadcasters, August 2010;
- the stated mission and values of 98.5 Sonshine FM;
- the availability of broadcast/air time;
- the availability of resources to create and sustain the program on a regular basis.
- to oversee the appropriate filtering and monitoring process that ensures content and programs meet with community expectations and comply with the regulatory requirements of ACMA and CBAA;
- to increase community participation in the preparation/production/delivery of content and programs;
- to ensure that the content and programs presented through the medium of radio and related media always reflect and communicate to the listening public the promoted values and ethos of Sonshine FM.